At the beginning of year 1901 the domiciled in Valparaiso trading
outstanding in Viña del Mar, Mr. Jorge Borrowman Osman, suggested
to create a Club in Viña del Mar, proposal that had numerous
was so the first formal meeting of the members of the rising Club was
made the 19 of June of 1901, in the seat of the First Company of Firemen,
headed by the provisory president, Don David Burns Burman. choosing
itself in that opportunity to the members of the first Directory.
15 of October of 1901, the new social seat was opened, in the street
large house Alvarez, rented to Don Roberto Baird. The construction was
inaugurated with all the pomp that the occasion deserved.
first years of the Club of Viña congregated in their accumulated
halls to important the saltpeter, managers of shipping and banking companies,
investors, retailers, cattle dealers, part of the national aristocracy
that rested in the city, and to many neighbors who began to construct
their houses in a valley that offered tranquillity, good rest and projection
to them, benefitted by the vicinity of Valparaiso and the proximity
with the capital.
the catastrophic earthquake of the 16 of August of 1906, the Club of
Vine was not left to the misfortune being its almost completely destroyed
seat other people's. Months after the earthquake it was planned to raise
a definitive seat for the Institution. With the aid of some citizen
outstanding and men public, and the generous aid that granted some of
the partners founders, the purchase of a land of privileged location
was decided, next to the Railway station. Petri Santini known in Chile
like Héctor entrusted itself to Ettore Petri, the design of which
would be the Social Seat of the Club of Vine.
1907 to 1910 the works for the construction of the new seat of the Club
which, when fulfilling his nine years of life, and under the presidency
of admiral Juan M, Simpson Baeza who had collaborated in the institution
from his original stage, had a monumental building of elegant neoclassic
style, located of the city turned viñamarino symbol through time
were made right in the center.